Do you like Netflix, Julie Andrews, and the Jim Henson Company? If so, you're going to love this news. In March, Netflix released Julie's Greenroom, a 13-episode show all about the performing arts.
In the show, Ms. Julie (Julie Andrews), runs a theater company with her very able assistant Gus (Giullian Yao Gioiello). They plan to do The Wizard of Oz, but at the moment the new kids, or "Greenies" come in, there is a burst pipe which will not let them do the show. Luckily, with help from special guests like Idina Menzel, Joshua Bell, and David Hyde Pierce, they have the strength to make up their own original musical.
Besides Julie Andrews and Giullian Yao Gioiello, the cast also includes Tyler Bunch as Hugo, a multitasking duck, John Tartaglia as Hank, an expert pianist, Dorien Davies as clumsy and cute Fizz, Stephanie D'Abruzzo as Peri, a natural singer and dancer, Jennifer Barnhart as Riley, who loves everything technical, Frankie Cordero as Spike, a seeker of words, and John Kennedy as Toby the dog.
I highly recommend checking it out if you are interested in or teaching the performing arts!

2 comments:
Photo courtesy of Muppet Wiki
This show sounds fantastic! Besides Julie Andrews and the Performing arts, I love Idina Menzel, Joshua Bell, and David Hyde Pierce. I hope I can find some of these episodes. Thanks for telling me about them and Happy New Year!
Ms. Gail Arbetter
Post a Comment